It was clear that I was a young(ish) woman in an older man’s world. I explored MANY different business & networking groups before learning that I developed my best new relationships from women-oriented business communities. Simultaneously, I also learned from industry events just how underserved and underrepresented women were in the financial planning field. Inspiration: WeRise!
I believe my superpower lies in the care and consideration I put into my relationships. Both in business AND my personal life. No relationship is more important to me though than the one I have with my daughter.
Life is full of teachable moments and motherhood is riddled with them. I am driven to give my daughter the best opportunities I can, especially given I lost my mother at 8 years old. I value the opportunity to teach her what I have learned. Teaching her by example how to be kind to herself and extend that kindness to those around her and how to build self-discipline and be optimistic, even when things feel uncertain.
Beyond work and motherhood, I have a love for adventure and experiencing new things. Traveling or going on outdoor adventures, entertaining and making elaborate meals without a recipe, listening to new music and meeting interesting people in authentic ways are some of my favorite things.
I invite you to join the WeRise community of women supporting woman. I’d love to meet you!
How I advocate for women
Host educational seminars for female professionals on the ways to improve their financial circumstances.
Celebrate and showcase the success stories of the women around me.
Raise awareness about the unique financial challenges women face as a guest speaker on podcasts around the country.
Actively promote my connections across the community to benefit other women.
About Our Practice
- At WeRise we offer fiduciary advice
- We are an independent financial services firm. We aren’t pigeonholed to sell proprietary investment products. We value more options because its in your best interest.
- We are a fee-based practice
- We can serve clients from any state in the US
- We are a relationship-based company, we are not transactional, we care about your unique situation and goals.
- We are very collaborative, frequently working as a team alongside attorneys, accountants, lenders and other professionals to give you the very best experience and outcomes possible
- We’re always exploring new technology to enhance our client experience
Frequently Asked Questions
No problem. We have long-standing client relationships in every US time zone. We meet regularly with our clients and are available to meet in person and remotely via zoom, telephone, email, text and more. As long as you live in the US, you’ll be well taken care of.
There shouldn’t be any fees, costs, or penalties associated with switching financial advisors. If you have after-tax investment accounts, there may be capital gains taxes associated with selling investments that have grown in value since you purchased them. But that tax will need to be paid eventually, so it’s merely a matter of paying it now versus paying it later, and the benefits of getting into the right portfolio of investments far outweigh costs like these.
We’ll make sure you’re fully informed before any costs are incurred.
Here is the list of documents we recommend you gather:
- Most current investment statements (most important)
- Copy of two years of tax returns (also important)
- Loan and mortgage information (if applicable)
- Employee benefits statements
- All insurance policies (life, disability, medical, auto)
- Income estimates for current year (offer letter or last year’s final pay stub usually suffices)
- Any budgets you have previously created or documentation of spending and/or saving.